- Pen-like activation that uses existing muscle memory
- Blade retraction without repositioning of the hand
- Suture trimming capability when blade is retracted
- High-quality materials and construction
- Available in 3 of the most popular blade sizes, #10, #11, and #15
PenBlade Safety Scalpels are the only scalpels on the market that use simple press-and-release blade retraction to prevent accidental sticks, keeping the patient, the user, and the support personnel safer. The scalpel is intuitive and ergonomic, allowing the user to use the existing muscle memory of clicking a pen to engage the blade. A simple button press and release while in position retracts the blade safely without repositioning the hand or scalpel. When retracted, the instrument can still be used to trim sutures or PICCs with an integrated groove that prevents injury but still allows access to the blade edge.
Many commercial scalpels are not user friendly with varying awkward blade activation techniques and also a flimsy handle and blade. The PenBlade is made of high-quality British Stainless Steel and a robust, rigid body for more confidence in the quality of your instrument. The rigid body of the scalpel also has inch and centimeter markings for measurements. PenBlade Safety Scalpels come packaged sterile.
- Packaged: L 7.5 in. x W 1.7 in. x D 0.45 in.
- Unpackaged: L 6 in. x W 0.7 in. x D 0.4 in.
- Weight: 0.4 oz
- PenBlade Safety Scalpels Product Information Sheet Size: (655.69 KB)