- Ideal rope for use in challenging and abusive environments such as canyoneering, mountaineering and caving
- Durable, lightweight, great handling ropes offering reliability in all weather conditions such as rain, salt water or -40°F
- Easy to knot, store & deploy with low stretch/high strength-to-weight ratio – wet or dry
- Thick, highly twisted Technora sheath for added strength and excellent abrasion resistance with ultra-lightweight, strong Innegra™ core for reliable strength, durability & flotation whether wet, dry or contaminated
- Remains buoyant even with a 62% Technora sheath (9.5 mm)
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Requires "All or virtually all" made materials, manufacturing and labor are U.S. content. "All or Virtually All" means the product should contain no or negligible foreign content.
Note: Other NAR products meet the Buy American Act (BAA) which requires "Substantially all" materials, manufacturing and labor be U.S. content "Substantially all means the product shall not exceed 50% foreign content. Due to the strict labeling requirements from the FTC we have chosen not to mark these items on the website in order to avoid confusion.
Olympus Series Canyoneering, mountaineering and caving represent some of the most challenging and abusive environments for safety equipment on the planet. NAR has designed a line of durable, lightweight and great handling ropes that offer reliability in all weather conditions. Whether it’s raining, submerged in salt water or -40°F, Pegasus ropes always perform. Olympus is engineered for rough terrain and sharp edges by offering a thick and highly twisted Technora sheath for added strength and excellent abrasion resistance. The Innegra core is ultra-lightweight and strong, allowing the rope to have a dependable core that is so bouyant that it floats with the thicker sheath. Combining these two high performance fibers creates the ultimate in advanced rope performance.
PEGASUS™ cores are all designed with Innegra™ S, a new and innovative advanced fiber that gives Pegasus ropes the same physical & mechanical properties – whether wet, dry or even exposed to chemicals. This breakthrough technology has an impressive strength-to-weight ratio, making it the lightest structural fiber available today. Innegra’s unique composition also provides great thermal properties when used in hot or cold environments. For the first time you can be confident that the backbone of your rope’s system, your core, will perform regardless of environmental challenges.
- High Strength
- UV Stable
- Chemically Inert
- Cut Resistant
- Low Creep
- Low Dielectric
- Technora sheath for abrasion, cut resistance & heat resistance
- Innegra core for reliable strength, durability & flotation whether wet, dry or contaminated
- Easy to knot with a great feel
- Easily stored and deployed from stuffed sack
- Low stretch – wet or dry
- High strength to weight ratio – wet or dry
- Diameter: 9.5mm
- Weight: 3.82 lb per 100 ft
- Elongation: 1.6%
- Tensile Strength: 5,495 lbf (24.4 kN)
- Fibers (core/sheath): Innegra™/Technora
- Sheath Ratio: 62% Technora