- Full-motion legs
- Remote controlled
- Tetherless (battery operated)
- Dual-leg amputation with arterial bleeding
- Tourniquet training
- Active bleeding and occlusion with treatment
- Simulated wounds (shrapnel, lacerations)
- Crepitus (to cue for crushed pelvis)
- Optional priapism (to cue for spinal injury)
- Scrotal avulsion
The TraumaFX® Multiple Amputation Trauma Trainer (MATT)® is a ruggedized, tetherless, remote controlled trauma trainer that delivers high fidelity simulations of lower body injuries commonly caused by IEDs and other explosive devices. Jointly developed by KGS and the U.S. Army Research Laboratory Simulation and Training Technology Center (ARL-STTC), MATT employs state-of-the-art special effects materials and technologies to deliver incredibly realistic visual and tactile stimuli with lifelike response to treatment. State of the art sensor technology provides real-time feedback that takes the guesswork out of trauma simulation training.
All TraumaFX high-fidelity simulators are operated by a long-range RC controller which includes real-time telemetry to monitor medical interventions. Easy to use, menu-driven software takes only minutes to learn and sensor data is immediately displayed on the main control screen for quick reference. The display shows key vitals and provides instructors with instant data on the effectiveness of student interventions such as tourniquet application, wound hemostasis, airway intervention, needle decompression, and chest tube placement.
Mix-N-Match... Pair with any TraumaFX upper torso trainer to optimize your training experience.
- Ruggedized, tetherless, remote controlled trauma trainer that delivers high fidelity simulations of lower body injuries commonly caused by IEDs and other explosive devices
- Rugged, durable, highly-realistic training system purpose-built for real-world training exercises
- Instantaneous feedback provided through proprietary remote control (RC) transmitter with extended operating range
- Specially formulated synthetic tissue with unparalleled realism and durability providing visual and tactile stimuli
- Rugged urethane core and durable synthetic silicone skin allow for use in nearly any environment or weather condition
- Can be used with human actors
- Water resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain after use
- All TraumaFX trainers are fully interchangeable in any number of combinations to increase training capabilities
- Double amputation with multiple tourniquet points that accurately simulate pulse and arterial bleeding
- Advanced sensor technology provides trainers/learners with instantaneous feedback of hemostasis, time to occlude bleeding, and volume of blood loss for after action reporting (AAR)
- Amputations require proper tourniquet application or manual pressure to occlude bleeding
- Lifelike leg movement, remote controlled using practical and durable special effects animatronics technology
- Crepitus to cue for crushed pelvis injury
- Scrotal avulsion
- Power Supply: Two (2) 18 V 3.0Ah Li-ion batteries
- Long-range, real-time telemetry
- Easy to use, menu-driven software that takes minutes to learn
- Display shows key vitals and provides instructors with instant data on the effectiveness of student interventions such as tourniquet application, wound hemostasis, airway intervention, and more
MATT Multiple Amputation Trauma Trainer
Remote Controlled with Real-time Sensor Data
- Max. Length - 32 in. | Max. Width - 15.5 in. | Waist - 28.5 in.
- Weight: Empty - 75 lb | Full - 80 lb
- Blood Reservoir: ~1 liter
- L 42 in. x W 24 in. x D 19 in.
- Weight: 140 lb