CT-6 Tactical Leg Traction Splint
- Carbon Fiber Tubing: Corrosion resistant, temperature stabile, extremely high strength to weight ratio, x-ray translucent.
- 4:1 Purchase Traction System: makes it easy to apply ample traction for even the largest patient. The V-Jam cleat makes it easy to readjust traction, key in long transport situations. Includes safety clip to prevent accidental releases.
- Application: The CT-6 comes out of the bag ready to go; all of the necessary parts are attached to the splint. There is no way to lose pieces, resulting in very fast application times.
- Instruction Manual: Each splint comes with its own “quick reference” two sided instruction manual that is water proof and tear resistant.
The CT-6 is a Leg Traction Splint designed for Pre Hospital Care and Patient transport, specifically in combat scenarios. It is primarily used on patients with mid-line femur fractures. The CT-6 helps relieve patient pain and prevents further damage to surrounding muscle and tissue while reducing the risk of death caused from severed arteries. The CT-6 is made of carbon tubing which snaps together via an internal bungee. A buckle secures the Ischial strap to the upper leg and groin. These buckles prevent accidental releases and are commonly used by US military forces. Traction is achieved with a 4 to1 purchase system using a small line to apply tension. This method results in a very precise and delicate form or traction that is also powerful enough to be effective on extra large adults. The CT-6 is extremely compact, light and strong.
- Light: Unit weighs 1.1 lbs (500 grams)
- Colors: Black Straps, Black Carbon
- Tactical Bag: Black
- Compact: Unit fits in small synch bag, 3 x 4 x 12” (7.6 x 10.2 .30.5cm)
- Strong: Carbon Fiber poles, nylon webbing and injection molded plastics
- Effective: Four to one pulley system for efficient, easily adjustable traction
- Packaged - L 12 in. x W 4 in. x D 3 in.
- Weight: 1.1 lbs