Lateral Canthotomy Set
- Compact kit allowing for ease of use in the field
- Tools to decrease perfusion to the optic nerve or globe
The ability to perform a lateral canthotomy and cantholysis is an essential skill on the battlefield in that it can be a vision-saving technique in the setting of decreased perfusion to the optic nerve or globe as a result of increased orbital pressure. This Lateral Canthotomy Set contains everything a provider would need to perform these procedures during Prolonged Casualty or Field Care.
- 1 x Eye Shield, Polycarbonate - PES - Orange
- 4 x Gauze, Pad - 4 in. x 4 in. (Pk of 2)
- 1 x Halstead Mosquito Forceps - Straight 5 in.
- 1 x Iris Scissors, Straight - 4.5 in.
- 1 x Metzenbaum Scissors, Straight 5.5 in.
- 1 x Syringe, Tuberculin with Needle 1Ml (27 ga x 1/2 in.)
- 1 x Adson Tissue Forceps, 1 x 2 - Sterile
- L 8 in. x W 4.5 in. x D 2 in.
- Weight: 5.5 oz